TerraUSD (UST) traded up 6.6% against the dollar during the 1-day period ending at 8:00 AM Eastern on May 24th. TerraUSD has a total market cap of $770.29 million and $88.41 million worth of TerraUSD was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One TerraUSD coin can currently be bought for approximately $0.0683 or 0.00000234 BTC on major exchanges. Over the last seven days, TerraUSD has traded 41.2% lower against the dollar.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- DeFiChain (DFI) traded 5.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.51 or 0.00008600 BTC.
- Elastos (ELA) traded 4.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.91 or 0.00006523 BTC.
- MATH (MATH) traded 0.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.14 or 0.00000464 BTC.
- ILCOIN (ILC) traded up 16.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0067 or 0.00000023 BTC.
- NerveNetwork (NVT) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0160 or 0.00000055 BTC.
- BitCanna (BCNA) traded up 0.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0197 or 0.00000067 BTC.
- OTOCASH (OTO) traded down 0% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0899 or 0.00000307 BTC.
- ZYX (ZYX) traded 24.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0252 or 0.00000083 BTC.
- ASYAGRO (ASY) traded up 61.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0397 or 0.00000136 BTC.
- eXPerience Chain (XPC) traded up 5.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
hashing algorithm. Its launch date was September 12th, 2020. TerraUSD’s total supply is 11,278,951,456 coins. The official website for TerraUSD is terra.money. TerraUSD’s official message board is medium.com/terra-money. TerraUSD’s official Twitter account is @terra_money and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Terra aims to build a new financial infrastructure that works better for everyone. The network is powered by a family of stablecoins, each pegged to major fiat currencies all algorithmically stabilized by Terra’s native token, Luna. Terra’s mission is to set money free by building open financial infrastructure. Luna, as the native staking asset from which the family of Terra stablecoins derives their stability, utility, and value, acts both as collateral for the entire Terra economy and as a staking token that secures the PoS network. Luna can be held and traded like a normal crypto asset, but can also be staked to accrue rewards in the network generated from transaction fees. Luna can also be used to make and vote on governance proposals. The family of Terra stablecoins is designed to achieve stability through consistent mining rewards with a contracting and expanding money supply. For example, if the system has detected that the price of a Terra currency has deviated from its peg, it applies pressure to normalize the price. Currently, the family of Terra stablecoins includes: KRT (Terra stablecoin pegged to Korean Won), UST (Terra stablecoin pegged to US Dollar), MNT (Terra stablecoin pegged to Mongolian Togrog), SDR (Terra stablecoin pegged to IMF SDR), with more being added in the future. “
Buying and Selling TerraUSD
It is usually not currently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as TerraUSD directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire TerraUSD should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase TerraUSD using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for TerraUSD Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for TerraUSD and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.