Cardano (CURRENCY:ADA) traded 0.7% higher against the US dollar during the 1-day period ending at 0:00 AM Eastern on May 4th. In the last week, Cardano has traded up 0.5% against the US dollar. One Cardano coin can currently be bought for $1.32 or 0.00002406 BTC on major exchanges. Cardano has a total market cap of $42.21 billion and approximately $3.10 billion worth of Cardano was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Uniswap (UNI) traded 4.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $42.86 or 0.00078065 BTC.
- Avalanche (AVAX) traded 8.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $30.98 or 0.00056416 BTC.
- Algorand (ALGO) traded 2.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.33 or 0.00002430 BTC.
- Elrond (EGLD) traded down 2.8% against the dollar and now trades at $184.62 or 0.00336236 BTC.
- Hedera Hashgraph (HBAR) traded down 7.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.28 or 0.00000518 BTC.
- Theta Fuel (TFUEL) traded 11.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.40 or 0.00000724 BTC.
- TerraUSD (UST) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00001816 BTC.
- NEAR Protocol (NEAR) traded 4.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $4.92 or 0.00008959 BTC.
- Ontology (ONT) traded up 0.9% against the dollar and now trades at $1.88 or 0.00003424 BTC.
- Qtum (QTUM) traded 0.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $14.55 or 0.00026493 BTC.
ADA is a proof-of-stake (PoS) coin that uses the Ouroboros hashing algorithm. It was first traded on October 5th, 2017. Cardano’s total supply is 45,000,000,000 coins and its circulating supply is 31,948,309,441 coins. The Reddit community for Cardano is /r/cardano and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Cardano’s official website is www.cardano.org. The official message board for Cardano is medium.com/feed/cardanorss. Cardano’s official Twitter account is @CardanoStiftung and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Designed and developed by IOHK in conjunction with the University of Edinburgh, the University of Athens and the University of Connecticut, Cardano SL (or Cardano Settlement Layer) is a Proof of Stake cryptocurrency based on the Haskell implementation of the white paper “Ouroboros: A Provably Secure Proof of Stake Blockchain Protocol” by Aggelos Kiayias, Alexander Russell, Bernardo David and Roman Oliynykov. Blockchain data provided by: Blockchair “
Cardano Coin Trading
It is usually not presently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Cardano directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Cardano should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Cardano using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Cardano Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Cardano and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.