Mooncoin (CURRENCY:MOON) traded 2.3% lower against the US dollar during the one day period ending at 18:00 PM Eastern on May 4th. One Mooncoin coin can currently be bought for about $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges. Mooncoin has a total market cap of $6.77 million and approximately $140.00 worth of Mooncoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. Over the last week, Mooncoin has traded 2.6% lower against the US dollar.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 25.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.54 or 0.00001003 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded up 4.9% against the dollar and now trades at $306.87 or 0.00567890 BTC.
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded up 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $2.51 or 0.00004639 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded down 7.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0482 or 0.00000089 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded up 8.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.63 or 0.00001158 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 3.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.19 or 0.00000346 BTC.
- Hellenic Coin (HNC) traded down 4.9% against the dollar and now trades at $3.79 or 0.00007005 BTC.
- Lotto (LOTTO) traded down 0.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.12 or 0.00000213 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded 11.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.36 or 0.00000667 BTC.
- XeniosCoin (XNC) traded 2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.35 or 0.00002507 BTC.
MOON is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Scrypt hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was December 30th, 2013. Mooncoin’s total supply is 227,490,931,370 coins. The official website for Mooncoin is mooncoin.com. The Reddit community for Mooncoin is /r/MoonCoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Mooncoin’s official Twitter account is @mooncoinitalia and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Moons are a new way for people to be rewarded for their contributions to r/CryptoCurrency. Moons can be claimed in the new Vault section of the Reddit iOS or Android app. They represent ownership in the subreddit, they are tokens on the Ethereum blockchain controlled entirely by the user, and they can be freely transferred, tipped, and spent in r/CryptoCurrency. Moons are distributed monthly based on individual contributions (comments, posts, etc.) that people make in r/CryptoCurrency. Reddit karma provides a basis for measuring people’s contribution, but the final decision is up to the community. Initially, 50 million Moons will be distributed based on karma earned in the subreddit to date. The amount distributed each following month will start at 5 million and decrease by 2.5% every cycle, so that the total number of Moons distributed over time will approach a maximum cap of 250 million. “
Buying and Selling Mooncoin
It is usually not possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Mooncoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Mooncoin should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Mooncoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Mooncoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Mooncoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.