Handshake (CURRENCY:HNS) traded up 14.7% against the dollar during the 1-day period ending at 17:00 PM Eastern on April 8th. Handshake has a market capitalization of $233.07 million and $2.15 million worth of Handshake was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Handshake coin can currently be purchased for approximately $0.63 or 0.00001099 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges. In the last seven days, Handshake has traded up 13.3% against the dollar.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 2.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $57,696.10 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded up 3.4% against the dollar and now trades at $2,053.82 or 0.03559728 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded up 2.2% against the dollar and now trades at $223.68 or 0.00387679 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $630.24 or 0.01092336 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded up 2.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0610 or 0.00000106 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded up 3.5% against the dollar and now trades at $271.23 or 0.00470099 BTC.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) traded up 4.2% against the dollar and now trades at $243.84 or 0.00422623 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded up 3.4% against the dollar and now trades at $19.34 or 0.00033512 BTC.
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded 0.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.10 or 0.00003646 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded up 6.4% against the dollar and now trades at $180.91 or 0.00313563 BTC.
HNS is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Blake2B + SHA3 hashing algorithm. It launched on February 3rd, 2020. Handshake’s total supply is 367,415,616 coins. Handshake’s official message board is kiwi.freenode.net/#handshake. Handshake’s official Twitter account is @HNS. Handshake’s official website is handshake.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “Handshake is an experiment on collaborating to create a decentralized network which results in a global allocation of names. Think of the handles or usernames you use on services such as social networks, and domain names identifying the URI for websites. Nearly all of these services were provided by trusted third parties which prevent the web from truly being decentralized. Handshake provides a means, including key management and server/service authentication, for decentralized web services to experiment. The Internet currently relies upon a single trust root DNS zone and an amalgamation of private companies providing trusted Certificate Authorities to secure the internet, Handshake is an experiment and exploration in alternatives. By providing a way to do decentralized lookup of name records, one can produce hashes and keys to identify resources over decentralized networks without a trusted Certificate Authority corporation. “
Buying and Selling Handshake
It is usually not possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Handshake directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Handshake should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Handshake using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Handshake Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Handshake and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.