News coverage about Hudson’s Bay (TSE:HBC) has trended somewhat positive recently, InfoTrie reports. InfoTrie identifies negative and positive media coverage by monitoring more than 6,000 blog and news sources. The firm ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative five to positive five, with scores nearest to five being the most favorable. Hudson’s Bay earned a media sentiment score of 1.67 on their scale. InfoTrie also gave news articles about the company an news buzz score of 2 out of 10, indicating that recent media coverage is very unlikely to have an impact on the stock’s share price in the next several days.
Here are some of the media headlines that may have impacted Hudson’s Bay’s analysis:
- Special Committee of the Board of Hudson’s Bay Provides Additional Information Regarding Background to Proposed Privatization Transaction (leaderpost.com)
- Special Committee of the Board of Hudson’s Bay Provides Additional Information Regarding Background to Proposed Privatization Transaction (finance.yahoo.com)
- Ortelius Files Lawsuit Against Hudson’s Bay Company and Richard Baker Over Proposed Privatization Transaction (businesswire.com)
- Hudson’s Bay shareholder files lawsuit to block privatization bid (theglobeandmail.com)
- Ortelius Files Lawsuit Against Hudson’s Bay Company and Richard Baker Over Proposed Privatization Transaction (tmcnet.com)
HBC has been the topic of a number of recent research reports. CIBC dropped their price objective on shares of Hudson’s Bay from C$10.75 to C$10.25 in a research note on Friday, September 13th. National Bank Financial raised shares of Hudson’s Bay from a “tender” rating to a “sector perform” rating and boosted their price objective for the stock from C$9.45 to C$10.50 in a research note on Friday, September 13th.
Shares of TSE:HBC opened at C$9.13 on Friday. The company has a market capitalization of $1.70 billion and a PE ratio of -3.67. The company has a current ratio of 0.85, a quick ratio of 0.05 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 663.49. Hudson’s Bay has a 12-month low of C$6.22 and a 12-month high of C$10.76. The business’s fifty day simple moving average is C$9.67 and its 200-day simple moving average is C$9.46.
Hudson’s Bay (TSE:HBC) last issued its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, September 12th. The company reported C($0.93) earnings per share for the quarter, missing analysts’ consensus estimates of C($0.73) by C($0.20). The company had revenue of C$1.85 billion during the quarter. Research analysts predict that Hudson’s Bay will post -0.49 EPS for the current year.
About Hudson’s Bay
Hudson's Bay Company owns and operates department stores in Canada and the United States. Its stores offers fashion apparels, accessories, cosmetics, and home products. The company operates its stores under the Hudson's Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Find @ Lord & Taylor, Home Outfitters, Galeria Kaufhof, Galeria INNO, and Sportarena names.
See Also: What are high-yield dividend stocks?
Receive News & Ratings for Hudson's Bay Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Hudson's Bay and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.