Steem (CURRENCY:STEEM) traded up 2% against the dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 15:00 PM Eastern on October 19th. Steem has a market capitalization of $49.34 million and approximately $2.14 million worth of Steem was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Steem coin can now be purchased for about $0.14 or 0.00001766 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Huobi, Bittrex, HitBTC and RuDEX. Over the last week, Steem has traded 2.7% higher against the dollar.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 0.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $8,027.27 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $214.60 or 0.02675527 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded up 1% against the dollar and now trades at $57.67 or 0.00719127 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded up 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.46 or 0.00005719 BTC.
- Color Platform (CLR) traded up 4.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0314 or 0.00000391 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.43 or 0.00017753 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 2.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0497 or 0.00000619 BTC.
- PIXEL (PXL) traded up 1.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0177 or 0.00000221 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded up 33.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0315 or 0.00000392 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0205 or 0.00000392 BTC.
Steem Coin Profile
Steem is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the SHA-256 hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was July 4th, 2015. Steem’s total supply is 365,263,054 coins and its circulating supply is 348,288,960 coins. The Reddit community for Steem is /r/steemit and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official website for Steem is steem.com. Steem’s official Twitter account is @steemit and its Facebook page is accessible here. Steem’s official message board is steemit.com/@steemitblog.
Steem Coin Trading
Steem can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Upbit, HitBTC, Poloniex, Binance, Bittrex, Huobi, Bithumb, RuDEX, OpenLedger DEX and GOPAX. It is usually not possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Steem directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Steem should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Coinbase or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Steem using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Steem Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Steem and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.