Heska (NASDAQ: HSKA) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 9/18/2019 – Heska is now covered by analysts at Piper Jaffray Companies. They set a “neutral” rating and a $68.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/18/2019 – Heska was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 9/12/2019 – Heska had its price target lowered by analysts at Canaccord Genuity from $95.00 to $75.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock. They wrote, “We view this financing as overdue” as the company had been operating for some time at a cash balance hovering around $10 million. We trim our out year revenue and earnings estimates as we exercise more conservatism on Heska’s top line growth, and we expect a higher level of spending to help return the company to growth, following ~3 years of missing expectations. We are cautiously optimistic to see Heska deliver on its growth initiatives, however, our near-term expectations are tempered until we see evidence of stronger commercial execution. While we trim our estimates and price target to $75 (from $95), we are sticking with our BUY rating in hopes we see progress on new product and geographic expansion as we look out to 2020. Convertible notes.””
- 8/31/2019 – Heska was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 8/23/2019 – Heska was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 8/1/2019 – Heska was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating.
- 7/30/2019 – Heska was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
Shares of NASDAQ HSKA traded up $1.40 during midday trading on Thursday, hitting $71.43. The stock had a trading volume of 147,100 shares, compared to its average volume of 88,614. The company has a market capitalization of $538.90 million, a price-to-earnings ratio of 50.30 and a beta of 1.07. Heska Corp has a 1-year low of $62.47 and a 1-year high of $114.50. The company has a quick ratio of 2.05, a current ratio of 3.93 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.04. The company has a fifty day moving average price of $72.41 and a 200 day moving average price of $77.52.
Heska (NASDAQ:HSKA) last released its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, August 6th. The medical research company reported ($0.03) earnings per share for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of ($0.07) by $0.04. The business had revenue of $28.15 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $29.19 million. Heska had a return on equity of 6.35% and a net margin of 1.93%. On average, research analysts forecast that Heska Corp will post 0.05 EPS for the current year.
Several hedge funds and other institutional investors have recently added to or reduced their stakes in HSKA. Financial Gravity Wealth Inc. purchased a new stake in shares of Heska during the 2nd quarter valued at about $29,000. Manchester Capital Management LLC raised its holdings in shares of Heska by 128.6% during the 1st quarter. Manchester Capital Management LLC now owns 400 shares of the medical research company’s stock valued at $34,000 after buying an additional 225 shares during the period. Aperio Group LLC purchased a new stake in shares of Heska during the 2nd quarter valued at about $79,000. Quantamental Technologies LLC purchased a new stake in shares of Heska during the 2nd quarter valued at about $120,000. Finally, BNP Paribas Arbitrage SA raised its holdings in shares of Heska by 47,400.0% during the 1st quarter. BNP Paribas Arbitrage SA now owns 1,425 shares of the medical research company’s stock valued at $121,000 after buying an additional 1,422 shares during the period. 89.02% of the stock is currently owned by institutional investors and hedge funds.
Heska Corporation manufactures, sells, and markets veterinary diagnostic and specialty products for canine and feline healthcare markets in the United States, Canada, Europe, and internationally. The company's Core Companion Animal segment offers Element DC and DRI-CHEM 7000 veterinary chemistry analyzers for blood chemistry and electrolyte analysis; Element HT5 and HemaTrue veterinary hematology analyzers to measure blood cell and platelet count, and hemoglobin levels; Element POC blood gas and electrolyte analyzers; Element i immunodiagnostic analyzers; Element COAG veterinary analyzers; and IV infusion pumps.
Featured Article: How does a margin account work?
Receive News & Ratings for Heska Corp Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Heska Corp and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.