Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded up 6.7% against the dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 16:00 PM Eastern on April 6th. Over the last seven days, Namecoin has traded 29.4% higher against the dollar. Namecoin has a market capitalization of $14.04 million and approximately $17,919.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Namecoin coin can now be bought for approximately $0.95 or 0.00018412 BTC on popular exchanges including Livecoin, YoBit, Trade By Trade and C-Patex.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 3% against the dollar and now trades at $5,179.79 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 8.9% against the dollar and now trades at $318.49 or 0.06152414 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded down 1.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.52 or 0.00009978 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 0.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $88.34 or 0.01707643 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 7.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.80 or 0.00054008 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded down 1.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.17 or 0.00003377 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0387 or 0.00000769 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded down 9.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0341 or 0.00000660 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded up 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0125 or 0.00000242 BTC.
- Zetacoin (ZET) traded up 9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0018 or 0.00000035 BTC.
Namecoin (NMC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the SHA-256 hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was April 18th, 2011. Namecoin’s total supply is 14,736,400 coins. Namecoin’s official Twitter account is @namecoin and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Namecoin is /r/namecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official website for Namecoin is www.namecoin.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “It is based on the code of bitcoin and uses the same proof-of-work algorithm. It is limited to 21 million coins. Each Namecoin record consists of a key and a value which can be up to 520 bytes in size. Each key is actually a path, with the namespace preceding the name of the record. The key d/example signifies a record stored in the DNS namespace d with the name example and corresponds to the record for the example.bit website. The content of d/example is expected to conform to the DNS namespace specification. The current fee for a record is 0.01 NMC and records expire after 36000 blocks (~200 days) unless updated or renewed. Namecoins used to purchase records are marked as used and destroyed, as giving the fee to miners would enable larger miners to register names at a significant discount. “
Namecoin Coin Trading
Namecoin can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: C-Patex, WEX, Bitsane, Bittylicious, Altcoin Trader, Trade By Trade, Bleutrade, YoBit, Poloniex, Tux Exchange, BX Thailand, Livecoin, Cryptopia and SouthXchange. It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Namecoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Namecoin should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Namecoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.