Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Vale (NYSE: VALE) in the last few weeks:
- 3/13/2018 – Vale was downgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “b-” rating to a “c+” rating.
- 3/2/2018 – Vale had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG. They now have a $16.00 price target on the stock.
- 3/1/2018 – Vale had its “market perform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cowen Inc. They now have a $15.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $11.00.
- 3/1/2018 – Vale had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $14.50 price target on the stock.
- 2/19/2018 – Vale was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “strong-buy” rating. They now have a $16.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Over the last month, Vale’s shares outperformed the industry. The company’s aggregate iron ore, pellets, coal, cobalt and gold output levels improved on a year over year basis in fourth-quarter 2017. In the quarters ahead, improving iron ore prices are anticipated to benefit the company’s results. Also, steady improvement in operational efficacy on the back of greater cost discipline and higher mining productivity will work in the company’s favor. Moreover, Vale is deleveraging its balance sheet with the help of its ongoing liability management program. Over the last 60 days, Zacks Consensus Estimate for the stock has moved north for 2018.”
- 2/15/2018 – Vale had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $14.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/24/2018 – Vale had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG. They now have a $16.00 price target on the stock.
Vale SA (NYSE VALE) traded up $0.02 during mid-day trading on Tuesday, hitting $12.49. The stock had a trading volume of 4,654,681 shares, compared to its average volume of 25,852,555. The company has a current ratio of 1.45, a quick ratio of 1.15 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.46. Vale SA has a fifty-two week low of $7.47 and a fifty-two week high of $14.67. The firm has a market capitalization of $66,785.95, a price-to-earnings ratio of 11.78 and a beta of 1.55.
Vale SA is a global producer of iron ore and iron ore pellets, key raw materials for steelmaking, and producer of nickel. The Company also produces copper, metallurgical and thermal coal, potash, phosphates and other fertilizer nutrients, manganese ore, ferroalloys, platinum group metals, gold, silver and cobalt.
Receive News & Ratings for Vale SA Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Vale SA and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.