SolarCoin (CURRENCY:SLR) traded 6.2% higher against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 16:00 PM E.T. on March 20th. In the last week, SolarCoin has traded down 11.7% against the U.S. dollar. One SolarCoin coin can now be bought for $0.35 or 0.00003883 BTC on major exchanges including Lykke Exchange, Bittrex, Bleutrade and Livecoin. SolarCoin has a total market capitalization of $14.64 million and approximately $39,211.00 worth of SolarCoin was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Litecoin (LTC) traded up 10.4% against the dollar and now trades at $173.30 or 0.01927150 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded 16.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0353 or 0.00000392 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 9.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0037 or 0.00000041 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded up 7.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.36 or 0.00003981 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 14.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.42 or 0.00004682 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded up 9.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.52 or 0.00005779 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded up 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $1.38 or 0.00015387 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded up 10.1% against the dollar and now trades at $2.17 or 0.00024101 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded 9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.24 or 0.00002658 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded 10.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0843 or 0.00000937 BTC.
SolarCoin Coin Profile
SolarCoin is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Scrypt hashing algorithm. Its launch date was December 21st, 2013. SolarCoin’s total supply is 98,034,387,886 coins and its circulating supply is 41,934,147 coins. SolarCoin’s official Twitter account is @SolarCoin_SLR. SolarCoin’s official website is solarcoin.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “SolarCoin (SOLAR) is a coin to increase the adoption and reward photovoltaic power production. The coin is a scrypt Proof of Work crypto currency with a block time of 60 seconds. The initial 100 block reward halves every year and the difficulty adjusts every 1440 blocks. There is 140 character transaction messaging. “
Buying and Selling SolarCoin
SolarCoin can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Lykke Exchange, CoinExchange, Bleutrade, Bittrex and Livecoin. It is not presently possible to buy SolarCoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire SolarCoin must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy SolarCoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for SolarCoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for SolarCoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.