Siacoin (CURRENCY:SC) traded 15.4% higher against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 22:00 PM E.T. on March 20th. Siacoin has a market capitalization of $449.07 million and $7.27 million worth of Siacoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. Over the last week, Siacoin has traded down 3.8% against the U.S. dollar. One Siacoin coin can currently be purchased for about $0.0135 or 0.00000151 BTC on exchanges including HitBTC, Abucoins, Bittrex and Bisq.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 4.5% against the dollar and now trades at $8,981.10 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded up 1.5% against the dollar and now trades at $561.30 or 0.06271040 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 5.6% against the dollar and now trades at $1,057.90 or 0.11819300 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 6.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $170.53 or 0.01905270 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded up 4% against the dollar and now trades at $225.07 or 0.02514600 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded 32.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded up 4.8% against the dollar and now trades at $20.60 or 0.00230191 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded up 12.8% against the dollar and now trades at $9.43 or 0.00105363 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 0.4% against the dollar and now trades at $67.07 or 0.00749367 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 7.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $268.75 or 0.03002640 BTC.
Siacoin is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Blake2b hashing algorithm. Its launch date was June 6th, 2015. Siacoin’s total supply is 33,249,934,949 coins. Siacoin’s official Twitter account is @SiaTechHQ and its Facebook page is accessible here. Siacoin’s official website is sia.tech. The Reddit community for Siacoin is /r/Siacoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Sia is an actively developed decentralized storage platform. Users all over the world contribute disk storage from their computers to form a decentralized network. Anybody with siacoins can rent storage from hosts on Sia. This is accomplish via “smart” storage contracts stored on the Sia blockchain. The smart contract provides a payment to the host only after the host has kept the file for a given amount of time. If the host loses the file, the host does not get paid. The distrubuted nature of the Sia network enables many optimizations in latency, throughput, reliability, and security. The decentralized nature of the Sia network enables anyone with storage to get paid, lowering the barrier to entry and reducing the overall price of cloud storage. The Sia cryptocurrency is live! You can rent storage using siacoins and hosts providing storage to the network receive compensation in the form of siacoins. The storage platform itself is still in beta, and only uploads that are 500mb or less in size are supported by the wallet. “
Siacoin Coin Trading
Siacoin can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: HitBTC, Upbit, Poloniex, Bisq, Bittrex, BITHOLIC and Abucoins. It is not presently possible to purchase Siacoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Siacoin must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Siacoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Siacoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Siacoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.