OmiseGO (CURRENCY:OMG) traded up 1.8% against the dollar during the 1 day period ending at 11:00 AM ET on March 20th. During the last seven days, OmiseGO has traded down 16.6% against the dollar. One OmiseGO token can now be purchased for approximately $11.13 or 0.00131269 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Bitfinex, Huobi, TDAX and ChaoEX. OmiseGO has a total market capitalization of $1.14 billion and $40.54 million worth of OmiseGO was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Ardor (ARDR) traded 1.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.29 or 0.00003411 BTC.
- Raiden Network Token (RDN) traded up 1.2% against the dollar and now trades at $1.54 or 0.00018076 BTC.
- ION (ION) traded 3.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.55 or 0.00029973 BTC.
- Quantum Resistant Ledger (QRL) traded up 8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.89 or 0.00010486 BTC.
- DECENT (DCT) traded 6.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.44 or 0.00005212 BTC.
- PostCoin (POST) traded 9.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0278 or 0.00000327 BTC.
- DigiCube (CUBE) traded down 50.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0001 or 0.00000001 BTC.
OMG uses the hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was July 6th, 2017. OmiseGO’s total supply is 140,245,398 tokens and its circulating supply is 102,042,552 tokens. OmiseGO’s official Twitter account is @omise_go. The official website for OmiseGO is omg.omise.co. The Reddit community for OmiseGO is /r/omise_go and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “OmiseGO is building a decentralized exchange, liquidity provider mechanism, clearinghouse messaging network, and asset-backed blockchain gateway. OmiseGO is not owned by any single one party. Instead, it is an open distributed network of validators which enforce behavior of all participants. It uses the mechanism of a protocol token to create a proof-of-stake blockchain to enable enforcement of market activity amongst participants. Owning OMG tokens buys the right to validate this blockchain, within its consensus rules. Transaction fees on the network including payment, interchange, trading, and clearinghouse use, are given to non-faulty validators who enforce bonded contract states. The token will have value derived from the fees derived from this network, with the obligation/cost of providing validation to its users. “
Buying and Selling OmiseGO
OmiseGO can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: BX Thailand, Bittrex, HitBTC, ChaoEX, Gate.io, BigONE, Coinbene, COSS, Livecoin, Exrates, OKEx, Coinrail, AEX, Mercatox, Cobinhood, EtherDelta, Liqui, Bitfinex, Cryptopia, Coinnest, Upbit, TDAX, Bit-Z, Bancor Network, Huobi, Poloniex, Kucoin, Radar Relay and Binance. It is not currently possible to buy OmiseGO directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire OmiseGO must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy OmiseGO using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for OmiseGO Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for OmiseGO and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.