Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded down 2.2% against the US dollar during the 1-day period ending at 11:00 AM ET on March 20th. Over the last seven days, Monero has traded down 15.8% against the US dollar. One Monero coin can now be purchased for about $212.81 or 0.02509280 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Upbit, Exrates, Qryptos and Binance. Monero has a market cap of $3.37 billion and approximately $55.81 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded 2.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0026 or 0.00000031 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded up 1.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0082 or 0.00000097 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded 1.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.10 or 0.00024647 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded 39.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.95 or 0.00011200 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded 0.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.19 or 0.00013997 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded 1.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.60 or 0.00007064 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded up 6.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0051 or 0.00000060 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded 0.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0874 or 0.00001026 BTC.
Monero Coin Profile
Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. It launched on April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,844,955 coins. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here. Monero’s official website is www.monero.cc. Monero’s official message board is forum.getmonero.org. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Monero Coin Trading
Monero can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: BTC-Alpha, SouthXchange, Exrates, LiteBit.eu, Poloniex, Abucoins, Gate.io, Exmo, Livecoin, Upbit, Bittrex, Bitfinex, Cryptox, Kraken, Cryptomate, Bithumb, Tux Exchange, OKEx, Coinroom, Qryptos, Braziliex, Binance, HitBTC, Bisq, Mercatox and Cryptopia. It is not presently possible to purchase Monero directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Monero must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Monero using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Monero Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Monero and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.