Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded down 0.5% against the dollar during the 1-day period ending at 11:00 AM ET on March 20th. Litecoin has a total market cap of $8.89 billion and approximately $436.43 million worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. During the last week, Litecoin has traded 9.1% lower against the dollar. One Litecoin coin can now be bought for $159.53 or 0.01881050 BTC on major exchanges including Coinbene, ChaoEX, Qryptos and Bitbank.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Verge (XVG) traded down 0% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0309 or 0.00000365 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded up 2.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0034 or 0.00000041 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.34 or 0.00004004 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 2.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.38 or 0.00004509 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded down 3.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.47 or 0.00005491 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded up 7.4% against the dollar and now trades at $1.44 or 0.00016922 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded 4.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.95 or 0.00022884 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded up 4.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.23 or 0.00002713 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded up 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0788 or 0.00000926 BTC.
- Gulden (NLG) traded 8.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.11 or 0.00001237 BTC.
Litecoin (LTC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Scrypt hashing algorithm. It was first traded on October 8th, 2011. Litecoin’s total supply is 55,711,551 coins. The official message board for Litecoin is litecointalk.io. The Reddit community for Litecoin is /r/litecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Litecoin’s official Twitter account is @LitecoinProject and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official website for Litecoin is litecoin.com.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Litecoin Coin Trading
Litecoin can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: LiteBit.eu, SouthXchange, YoBit, Tux Exchange, Bittrex, Coinsquare, Bisq, The Rock Trading, Bitlish, Coingi, CoinEx, BitMarket, Bitmaszyna, ChaoEX, BitKonan, LocalTrade, Mercado Bitcoin, Bitcoin Indonesia, BitBay, Bitfinex, Gatecoin, Gate.io, Bitbank, CoinExchange, Mercatox, Allcoin, Bittylicious, TOPBTC, RippleFox, Qryptos, CryptoBridge, Bitstamp, OpenLedger DEX, Bitso, Koinex, BTC Trade UA, RightBTC, Trade Satoshi, BtcTrade.im, CoinFalcon, Bit-Z, EXX, Altcoin Trader, BITHOLIC, BTC Markets, CoolCoin, HitBTC, CoinEgg, DSX, QuadrigaCX, BCEX, Kraken, Liqui, Cryptomate, BTC-Alpha, FreiExchange, Coinroom, Poloniex, Binance, Huobi, Tripe Dice Exchange, Braziliex, Koineks, Cryptox, TDAX, OKEx, Dgtmarket, C-CEX, Bitinka, Bit2C, Coinbene, GDAX, ZB.COM, Coinut, Bleutrade, Bitsane, Waves Decentralized Exchange, Livecoin, CoinsBank, BitFlip, Bits Blockchain, AEX, Exmo, BitGrail, xBTCe, Kucoin, Coinone, Bithumb, Koinim, Upbit, COSS, GOPAX, Tidex, Mr. Exchange, OKCoin.cn, NIX-E, OkCoin Intl., BigONE, BX Thailand, Cryptopia, Negocie Coins, Bibox, Coinhouse, Abucoins, VirtacoinWorld, Exrates, Coinrail, Stocks.Exchange and WEX. Investors seeking to acquire Litecoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Gemini, GDAX or Changelly.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.