Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) traded 11.9% lower against the dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 16:00 PM Eastern on February 21st. Ethereum Classic has a market cap of $3.56 billion and $903.82 million worth of Ethereum Classic was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Ethereum Classic coin can now be bought for about $35.64 or 0.00341856 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including GDAX, BigONE, Koinex and Poloniex. During the last week, Ethereum Classic has traded 4.1% higher against the dollar.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded down 10.5% against the dollar and now trades at $10,589.10 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded down 8.9% against the dollar and now trades at $841.78 or 0.08075130 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 11.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1,327.63 or 0.12735900 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 14.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $211.50 or 0.02028880 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded down 3.5% against the dollar and now trades at $305.62 or 0.02931750 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded 32.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 10.8% against the dollar and now trades at $123.34 or 0.01183200 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded down 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $439.42 or 0.04215370 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded 1.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $7.61 or 0.00072955 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded down 11% against the dollar and now trades at $3.85 or 0.00036914 BTC.
Ethereum Classic Coin Profile
ETC is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Ethash hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was July 30th, 2015. Ethereum Classic’s total supply is 100,024,648 coins. The official website for Ethereum Classic is www.ethereum.org. The Reddit community for Ethereum Classic is /r/EthereumClassic and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Ethereum Classic’s official message board is forum.ethereum.org. Ethereum Classic’s official Twitter account is @eth_classic and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction. The Ethereum Classic mission statement is: “We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can’t shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.” Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/ In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic.”
Buying and Selling Ethereum Classic
Ethereum Classic can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: BigONE, EXX, Poloniex, Huobi, Coinone, Bancor Network, Tidebit, Bitfinex, Gemini, Allcoin, OKEx, Bithumb, Upbit, Independent Reserve, CoolCoin, Bitso, Qryptos, Coinnest, BtcTrade.im, Bitstamp, ACX, BX Thailand, Kucoin, Cryptopia, Coinut, Bitinka, bitFlyer, Gatehub, DSX, Mercatox, EtherDelta, CEX.IO, Coinbene, BitBay, CoinEgg, Gate.io, BitGrail, QuadrigaCX, YoBit, Exmo, Lbank, Bit-Z, CoinFalcon, Bitbank, GOPAX, Gatecoin, Bitcoin Indonesia, GDAX, BTCTurk, Koinex, ChaoEX, BTC Markets, RightBTC, Coinsquare, CoinExchange, Korbit, Liqui, Bibox, Quoine, Coinrail, Binance, Livecoin, Kraken, ZB.COM, Bittrex, WEX, Cobinhood, Tidex, TOPBTC, xBTCe, COSS, Mr. Exchange, HitBTC and Koineks. It is not presently possible to buy Ethereum Classic directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Ethereum Classic must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Ethereum Classic using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Ethereum Classic Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ethereum Classic and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.