Obsidian (CURRENCY:ODN) traded down 13.9% against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 10:00 AM Eastern on February 20th. During the last week, Obsidian has traded 26.8% lower against the U.S. dollar. One Obsidian coin can currently be bought for $0.31 or 0.00002698 BTC on popular exchanges including C-CEX, HitBTC and Cryptopia. Obsidian has a total market cap of $7.73 million and approximately $231,312.00 worth of Obsidian was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Cardano (ADA) traded 0.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.39 or 0.00003406 BTC.
- Qtum (QTUM) traded down 1.7% against the dollar and now trades at $32.18 or 0.00280815 BTC.
- OmiseGO (OMG) traded up 4.5% against the dollar and now trades at $19.01 or 0.00165892 BTC.
- BitShares (BTS) traded down 3.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.26 or 0.00002276 BTC.
- Ardor (ARDR) traded up 3.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.54 or 0.00004673 BTC.
- Particl (PART) traded down 5.1% against the dollar and now trades at $25.60 or 0.00223390 BTC.
- Raiden Network Token (RDN) traded up 21.7% against the dollar and now trades at $4.30 or 0.00037565 BTC.
- BitBay (BAY) traded 2.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0748 or 0.00000653 BTC.
- Quantum Resistant Ledger (QRL) traded 6.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.26 or 0.00011036 BTC.
- Rise (RISE) traded 4.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.54 or 0.00004752 BTC.
Obsidian Coin Profile
Obsidian is a proof-of-stake (PoS) coin that uses the SHA-512 hashing algorithm. It launched on August 24th, 2017. Obsidian’s total supply is 93,761,506 coins and its circulating supply is 25,000,000 coins. Obsidian’s official Twitter account is @ObsidianCrypto. Obsidian’s official website is obsidianplatform.com. The Reddit community for Obsidian is /r/ObsidianProject and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Obsidian is a PoS cryptocurrency for popular use. It uses the more energy efficient SHA-512 hash algorithm to optimize for use on mobile devices and improved quantum computing resilience. ODN uses the proof-of-stake consensus strategy and pays a block reward of 20 ODN, which is equivalent to an interest rate of about 10%. In addition, Obsidian is the currency that powers to future Obsidian Secure Anonymous Messenger economy. The Obsidian Secure Anonymous Messenger allows for sending end-to-end encrypted messages, media, and files and is optimized for anonymity of communication and metadata protection/avoidance and does not require any user accounts, phone number or personal email address which could identify its users. The message transport will be accomplished by a decentralized network of special messaging masternodes that can be run by anyone by simply installing the respective software. Running messaging masternodes will be rewarded in Obsidian currency, so that messenger users and messenger masternode hosters form an economy which is independent from any company or country and maintained only by the open source community. Obsidian has an active Slack community in English with channels in русский and 中文, which welcomes traders, entrepreneurs, developers and everyone interested in science and innovation to share knowledge and learn. According to the White Paper, the current circulating supply is 24.4M. “
Buying and Selling Obsidian
Obsidian can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: C-CEX, HitBTC and Cryptopia. It is not possible to buy Obsidian directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Obsidian must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Obsidian using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Obsidian Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Obsidian and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.