BlackCoin (CURRENCY:BLK) traded 7.7% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 21:00 PM E.T. on February 18th. During the last seven days, BlackCoin has traded 31.7% higher against the U.S. dollar. One BlackCoin coin can currently be bought for $0.40 or 0.00003758 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including LiteBit.eu, CoinExchange, Bittrex and Poloniex. BlackCoin has a total market cap of $30.58 million and $243,593.00 worth of BlackCoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Qtum (QTUM) traded down 2.2% against the dollar and now trades at $32.68 or 0.00307910 BTC.
- BitBay (BAY) traded down 9.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0759 or 0.00000716 BTC.
- Radium (RADS) traded down 7% against the dollar and now trades at $6.78 or 0.00063881 BTC.
- Rubycoin (RBY) traded down 7.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.85 or 0.00008012 BTC.
- Global Currency Reserve (GCR) traded down 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.13 or 0.00001237 BTC.
- NuShares (NSR) traded 17.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0044 or 0.00000041 BTC.
- Atmos (ATMS) traded 5.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0807 or 0.00000760 BTC.
- CybCSec (XCS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0024 or 0.00000031 BTC.
BLK is a proof-of-stake (PoS) coin that uses the Proof of Stake hashing algorithm. Its launch date was February 24th, 2014. BlackCoin’s total supply is 76,675,463 coins. BlackCoin’s official Twitter account is @CoinBlack. BlackCoin’s official website is www.blackcoin.co. The Reddit community for BlackCoin is /r/blackcoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “BlackCoin has seen initial success due to its innovative features. The coin has incorporated bitcoin upgrades to reduce transaction risk. The coin initially uses proof of work as well as proof of stake, with the proof of work being dropped after the 10000th block. The advantages of Blackcoins proof of stake is that it has extremely fast transaction confirmation times at ten seconds – compared to bitcoins ten minutes plus. The other bonus is the low energy consumption without PoW mining. Interest is paid annually at a 1% rate – well below the present global average. “
BlackCoin Coin Trading
BlackCoin can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: AEX, Bleutrade, Livecoin, CoinExchange, Bittrex, Cryptopia, LiteBit.eu, CoinEgg, Bittylicious, Tux Exchange, Poloniex and Bit-Z. It is not currently possible to purchase BlackCoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade BlackCoin must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase BlackCoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for BlackCoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for BlackCoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.