BlackCoin (CURRENCY:BLK) traded down 10.1% against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 7:00 AM E.T. on February 6th. BlackCoin has a market cap of $18.46 million and approximately $902,276.00 worth of BlackCoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. In the last seven days, BlackCoin has traded down 50.7% against the U.S. dollar. One BlackCoin coin can now be purchased for $0.24 or 0.00003711 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Bleutrade, LiteBit.eu, Poloniex and CoinEgg.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Qtum (QTUM) traded 20.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $18.73 or 0.00280698 BTC.
- BitBay (BAY) traded down 24% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0500 or 0.00000773 BTC.
- Radium (RADS) traded 23.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $4.09 or 0.00062982 BTC.
- NuShares (NSR) traded down 5.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0046 or 0.00000071 BTC.
- Rubycoin (RBY) traded 19.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.48 or 0.00007338 BTC.
- Global Currency Reserve (GCR) traded 25.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0786 or 0.00001178 BTC.
- Atmos (ATMS) traded down 13.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0498 or 0.00000770 BTC.
- CybCSec (XCS) traded down 15% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0035 or 0.00000053 BTC.
BlackCoin is a proof-of-stake (PoS) coin that uses the Proof of Stake hashing algorithm. It was first traded on February 24th, 2014. BlackCoin’s total supply is 76,651,126 coins. The Reddit community for BlackCoin is /r/blackcoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. BlackCoin’s official Twitter account is @CoinBlack. BlackCoin’s official website is www.blackcoin.co.
According to CryptoCompare, “BlackCoin has seen initial success due to its innovative features. The coin has incorporated bitcoin upgrades to reduce transaction risk. The coin initially uses proof of work as well as proof of stake, with the proof of work being dropped after the 10000th block. The advantages of Blackcoins proof of stake is that it has extremely fast transaction confirmation times at ten seconds – compared to bitcoins ten minutes plus. The other bonus is the low energy consumption without PoW mining. Interest is paid annually at a 1% rate – well below the present global average. “
BlackCoin Coin Trading
BlackCoin can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bleutrade, Bittrex, Livecoin, Poloniex, Bit-Z, Bittylicious, CoinEgg, LiteBit.eu, AEX, Cryptopia, CoinExchange and Tux Exchange. It is not currently possible to purchase BlackCoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire BlackCoin must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase BlackCoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for BlackCoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for BlackCoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.